Browse By Location
Browse By Categories
Advertise With Us
Link To Us
Add To Favorites
What do I need to start business in Canada?
Before you start anything you need an idea of how will you make your business successful. I would make an educated guess and say that you already have this figured out, right?! In that case we can proceed to the next step and take a look of what else do you need to start your business and maintain it successfully.
Here is a list of things you should think about when starting your business:
- Outlined Business Plan
- Outlined Marketing Plan
- Market research for your product or service
- Research your competitors
- Find resources for financing your business
- Select a good name for your business
- Register you business
- Choose a location (if not home based business)
- Secure any necessary permits and licenses
- Establish bank account
- Publish a web site
- Market your website
- Start your business
Research has shown that Direct Selling and Network Marketing business is becoming one of the best options for those who can manage their time, could become good leaders, & those who can provide good customer service. If you are considering this type of business then you must visit running a smart business to explore this business opportunity.
Another interesting opportunity with Forever Living and starting your
home based business and working from home.
Useful Tools for Research and Small Biz
- Interactive Business Planer - The IBP is the first business planning software product designed specifically to operate on the World Wide Web.
- Canada Post - Parcel Rate Calculation for your parcels.
- Canada Post Postal Code Lookup - Find a postal code by providing mailing address.
- Performance Plus - is an interactive on-line financial performance tool to help new and established firms determine how your business measures up to the competition. Quite interesting business tool.
- Google Toolbar - Install this toolbar that will give you access to a wealth of information on any web site you visit. Discover website's popularity and much, much more.
- Alexa's Toolbar - Another toolbar that will provide with a wide array of information about other web sites, about your competitors and much more. Try it - it is easy to remove if it doesn't fit your needs.
Useful Websites for starting a small business
Government of Canada and Small Business - strategis.ic.gc.ca
Government of Canada - www.gc.ca
Government of Ontario - www.gov.on.ca
Canadian Marketing Association - www.the-cma.org
Canadian Franchise Association - www.cfa.ca
Self Employment Programs - www.beyourownboss.org
Canadian Youth Business Foundation - www.cybf.ca
Statistics Canada - www.statcan.ca
Canada Statistics - www.canstats.ca